This Website is operated by Curiosity UK Ltd. / The Old Curiosity Shop
Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices.
- When you register with the the-old-curiosity-shop.com website, you will be required to choose a contact e-mail address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details.. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
THE CONTRACT BETWEEN US
- Any contract for purchases made through the website will be with Curiosity UK Ltd. / The Old Curiosity Shop
the-old-curiosity-shop.com must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Payment should be taken before the point of dispatch of the goods to you. Once payment has been authorized the-old-curiosity-shop.com will confirm that your order has been received by sending an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you provide in your registration form which will include your name, the order number and the total price.
the-old-curiosity-shop.com’s acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- the-old-curiosity-shop.com are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by e-mail. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
WITHDRAWAL BY YOU FROM THE CONTRACT
If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, there are certain circumstances in which you may withdraw from the contract and these are set out here. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
- You may withdraw your order for goods at any time up to the point when the-old-curiosity-shop.com notifies you that your order was accepted and is being processed. You do not need to pay any penalty.
- In case the order is being processed, you cannot withdraw from the contract, but you can still return the goods to us. Our returns policy is an integral part of your contract with us and is described below in Appendix A.
AVAILABILITY OF GOODS YOU ORDER
If the-old-curiosity-shop.com has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by the-old-curiosity-shop.com from your credit card will be re-credited to your account and the-old-curiosity-shop.com will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. the-old-curiosity.com will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
DELIVERY OF GOODS TO YOU
- the-old-curiosity-shop.com will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give the-old-curiosity-shop.com at the time you make your order. For goods delivered outside of the EU, the consignee (i.e the person to whom the consignment is sent) will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. The consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the web site are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that the-old-curiosity-shop.com has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance the-old-curiosity-shop.com recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order.
This is as follows:
- If the goods the-old-curiosity-shop.com delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, the-old-curiosity-shop.com shall have no liability to you unless you notify the-old-curiosity-shop.com in writing at the-old-curiosity.shop.com of the problem within 3 working days of the delivery of goods in question, by contacting our Customer Service team
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, the-old-curiosity-shop.com shall have no liability to you unless you notify the-old-curiosity-shop.com in writing at the the-old-curiosity-shop.com contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
- If you notify a problem the-old-curiosity.shop.com under this condition, the-old-curiosity-shop.com only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment, unless such method is no longer valid.
- the-old-curiosity-shop.com will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to the-old-curiosity-shop.com under this condition and the-old-curiosity-shop.com shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit the-old-curiosity-shop.com’s liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
the-old-curiosity-shop.com shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which the-old-curiosity-shop.com’s excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
the-old-curiosity-shop.com operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service team.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
These terms and conditions, together with the current the-old-curiosity.com website prices, delivery details and the-old-curiosity-shop.com contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by the-old-curiosity-shop.com. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of the-old-curiosity-shop.com. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of farfetch.com should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by the-old-curiosity-shop.com. the-old-curiosity-shop.com shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. the-old-curiosity-shop.com shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
the-old-curiosity-shop.com is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, the-old-curiosity-shop.com makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of the-old-curiosity-shop.com howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither the-old-curiosity-shop.com nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of fthe-old-curiosity-shop.com.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of the-old-curiosity-shop.com, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with the-old-curiosity-shop.com, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of the-old-curiosity-shop.com is strictly prohibited.
The word composed by the characters “the old curiosity shop.com”, and its logo are registered trade marks belonging to the-old-curiosity-shop.com. All other trade marks, product names and company names or logos used in this site are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by the-old-curiosity-shop.com in respect of the use of its or any such other trade marks, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
the-old-curiosity-shop.com is happy to accept returns for any reason up to 14 days after the receipt of your order. You have to inform us within the returns procedure and then a further 7 days to send the goods back to our shop. This means that the package must reach the shop within 14 days after you have received your order. Please be aware that the parcel can take up to 7 working days to be returned to our shop, unless sent via special delivery.
Under the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel your order for any item purchased from the the-old-curiosity-shop.com network, for a full refund.
Please read the information below:
The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
the-old-curiosity-shop.com sand its partner sites will not accept returns for any non-faulty items that have been worn and tags removed.
Upon receipt of an order, if any item has been received with no tags, the customer should notify us by contacting the SUPPORT CENTRE on the same day if they wish to make a return.
For lingerie and hosiery returns – for hygiene reasons please ensure that briefs are tried on over your own lingerie – we will not accept returns on lingerie that has been worn or is returned in a soiled condition. We cannot accept returns on hosiery once packs have been opened.
We strongly advise all customers to check garments thoroughly upon delivery before removing any attached tags and before disposing of any original packaging.
Please note that items should be returned in its original packaging and shoes must be returned with the original shoe boxes.
In the event of any failure to return any goods to us within the stipulated time limits, even though validly cancelled, we shall have the right to charge any costs of recovery of the goods.
Please be aware that international customs duties and sales taxes are NOT refunded for shipments outside the European Community (EU).
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.